Falls from height are the major cause of death and injury, within all industry sectors. Any individual directly or indirectly responsible for the working conditions of others can be held legally liable, should they fail to comply with,The Work at Height Regulations 2005.The regulations stipulate that all individuals and organizations involved in or requiring work at height for any aspect of their business must ensure:
- All work at height is properly planned and organized
- Those involved in work at height are competent
- The risks from work at height are assessed and appropriate work equipment is selected and used
- The risks from fragile surfaces are properly controlled; and
- Equipment for work at height is properly inspected and maintained.
Due to the high risks involved, legislation on the area is tight and needs to be interpreted and translated carefully into a practical solution on site.
Charts and figures on this, although helpful, are generic and Highwire believes that the matter of legislation needs to be treated on an individual basis.
Highwire Limited offers a comprehensive service to ensure the best installed solution, along with the on going annual maintenance and verification.
For further information or guidance on how the legislation effects you as an individual or your company, please contact us.